September 2, 2007
Guinness brewery, Sales are back in the Black again.
According to a news article in the irish sun paper, published just resently. Stated, our brothers in the african nation of Nigeria not just liked the black stuff, but loved the black taste of guinness. Sales have jumped up 18 % there.
Ireland now has lost its # 1 position in the world has the top guzzlers to the african nation. Hey What’s Wrong Here ?
The bad part of this story is, the pint of stout is stronger in Nigeria, and we in Ireland Thought different.
Hey,I think the wee lad’s and lassie’s here in Ireland have been screwed ?
The St, James Gate has been providing the Nigerians since 1963 a stronger pint, that the lad’s and Lassis’s were getting here from the brewery at the own back gate.
No wonder, the nigerians are great with there football skills
There drinking ( Mothers Milk !)
I’m sure Auther Guinness, is jumping with joy at the pearly gates. He might be enjoying a pint with
himself, Brendan Behan or just listening to Luke Kelly on the banjo, and along with auld Tommy Maken strooming a tune, sipping that fine taste of the ” Black Stuff ”
I’m sure theres a big smile, gleeming from the guinness family, knowing that Authur there favorite son, and Irelands also created the best pint of the stout in his favourite city of Dublin. Well it’s nice to know, when travelling to Korea, India, or the other 45 destination around the world, You can get a pint of ( Mothers Milk) a dubliner slang for a pint of guinness.
I wonder how stronger is the pint of guinness in the other countries, other than Nigeria.
If ya know what the % ?
Drop me a comment, or just send me a pint of Guinness stout from Nigeria.
August 20, 2007
Living in Ireland. Returned after spending many years in California.
Had to get back to a life of calm and ease. Looking to pick up the pieces that I left some long long time ago in the eighties. The country has now changed from what I used to know off. People, the way of life have also change too.
More cars, trucks, more transportation, more commercialism. Bigger commercial buildings, It also has a higher cost of lving.
- The Biggest “Drug-Bust” in the History of Ireland took part of the coast of Cork. Bails of “Cocaine” with the Smugglers floating on the choppy cold seas.
- The Biggest Needle standing as a statute in the middle of O’Connell street. Where once Nelson’s Pillard Stood. I wonder what it represents ( The Needle Statute ? )
- The Biggest Rock Group, U2 Actung Baby ! and Bono leading the way for Debt releft for the poor Nations.
- The Biggest Concert Flop, Barbara Stristand (The way we were) Well it rained, and the fans got Screwed !
- The Biggest Concert Hit, (The old Farts ) The Stones, can they rock. 70,000 fans showed up at the Blaney Castle !
- The Biggest street, Dance and Musicial Festival. Get your clogging boot’s on !
- The Biggest Brewery, Guinness of course. The Dark Stuff ! We’ll ya have a pint, I wi’ll, I’ll have a pint with you Sir !
- The Biggest Football Fan’s in the World, Get Ready the Green Army of Lads are coming !
- O’h not to forget the Biggerst rainfall this Summer, What Summer ? It rained nearly everyday June,July, August !
- The Biggest Welcome in the World !
( Cead Mille Failte )
Everybody seems to be in a hurry, more than the did back when I grew up. Things were a lot slower then.
Wel,l now we have peace with the Red Hand of our Nothern brothers and sisters of Ulster, hunderds of years of fighting and the lost of lives across this small nation of ours.
Finally, we woke up, and so did the Brit’s !
Ti’s nice to be back, on this wee Rock I call Home !
What Happened, One May Ask ?
THE CELTIC TIGER !
_uacct = “UA-2449826-1”;